References in periodicals archive ?
Rather, the suspense builds, in part, through the manipulation of specific kinds of visual affordances.
Yet, it is hoped that our exchange may generate fertile professional discussions about the affordances and challenges of grammar teaching and learning to successfully negotiate the journey ahead.
Other instances of the affordances for learning TinkerPlots are found in Hudson (2012) supporting understanding of the mean and in Watson, Fitzallen, Wilson, and Creed (2008) interpreting graphical representations using hat plots.
manipulation, where we will incrementally learn grasp affordances with a dexterous hand; segmenting and learning objects and object category models from a cluttered scene; localisation and navigation in a crowded and changing scene based on incrementally built 3D environment models; iterative task planning in an open world; and engaging with multiple users in a dynamic collaborative task.
Ultimately, such technologies have affordances that can assist certain competencies and constrain others.
While the exams haven't yet taken full advantage of Apple's affordances, a lot of applications have.
Questions raised by James are developed by Hunter Crawley in an impressive exploration of sensory affordances of liturgical equipment for the sixth-century Syrian Eucharist.
Best of all, the software used in the unit provided a number of affordances.
While our general point is that attention needs to be paid to what Ann Ardis has signaled as "the unique affordances and deep cultural anxieties raised by the rapid expansion and transformation of print media during this period" (1) in relation to other media forms, we also acknowledge the need for what Ardis calls, after William Uricchio, the "mundane specificity of historical practices of print media" (quoted in Ardis 1).
published in 2013, found that while social media, particularly Facebook, is inundated with social information, "these affordances allow users to keep up-to-date, they also produce a basis for social comparison and envy on an unprecedented scale.
These two affordances align well with the Gates Foundation's emphasis on improving college success for underrepresented minorities, low-income students, and first-generation college attendees," said Barbara Means, Ph.
In particular, we examine the role writing center coordinators should have in shaping and facilitating peer writing groups, and we highlight the affordances and constraints of putting students in the driver's seat of their writing groups.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- affine connection
- affine deformation
- affine geometry
- affine Hjelmslev plane
- affine plane
- affine space
- affine strain
- affine transformation
- affinity chromatography
- affinity group
- affinity labeling
- affirmative action
- Affleck, Raymond
- affluent society
- affluent worker
- Affonso de Albuquerque
- Affonso Eduardo Reidy
- Afghan hound
- Afghanistan War
- Afinogenov, Aleksandr
- Afinogenov, Aleksandr Nikolaevich
- Afinogenov, Aleksandr Nikolayevich
Full browser ?
- Affordable Readiness
- Affordable Readiness Initiative
- Affordable Readiness Tracking System
- Affordable Responsive Spacelift
- Affordable Rural Housing Commission
- Affordable Sensor Technology for Aerial Targeting
- Affordable Shelter Political Action Committee
- Affordable Sound and Light
- Affordable System Performance
- Affordable Technology On-Line
- Affordable Toll Free Number Service
- Affordable Travel Club
- Affordable Trooper Armor
- Affordable Virtual Servers
- Affordable Warmth Action Plan
- Affordable Web Design
- Affordable Web Design Hosting
- Affordable Web Development
- Affordable Web Space Design
- Affordable Wireless Services Infrastructure
- Affordable, Near-Term Low Emissions
- Affordances in the Home Environment for Motor Development
- affording no undue advantage
- affording proof
- Afforestation, Reforestation, Revegetation