Ezhevskii, Aleksandr Aleksandrovich
Born Nov. 3, 1915, in Tulun, in present-day Irkutsk Oblast. Soviet state figure. Became a member of the CPSU in 1945. The son of a worker.
Ezhevskii began working at a machine-building plant in 1930. After graduating from the Irkutsk Agriculture Institute (mechanization department) in 1939, he taught at the institute until 1942. He was chief engineer of the Irkutsk motor-vehicle repair and assembly plant from 1942 to 1947 and then director of the Irkutsk motor-vehicle assembly plant, the Altai tractor plant, and the Rostov Farm Machinery Plant until 1954. Ezhevskii’s government posts included deputy minister of motor-vehicle, tractor, and agricultural machinery building of the USSR from 1954 to 1956 and first deputy minister of tractor and agricultural machinery building of the USSR from 1956 to 1957; he held a high post in the State Planning Committee (Gosplan) of the USSR from 1957 to 1962. In December 1962, Ezhevskii was appointed chairman of the All-Union Board for the Supply of Farm Machinery, Fuel, and Fertilizers of the Council of Ministers of the USSR. Ezhevskii was elected an alternate member of the Central Committee of the CPSU at the Twenty-third Party Congress (1966) and a member of the Central Committee at the Twenty-fourth Party Congress (1971) and deputy to the seventh, eighth, and ninth convocations of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. He has been awarded two Orders of Lenin and medals.