hood(redirected from Almutia)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. the US and Canadian name for bonnet (of a car)
2. the folding roof of a convertible car
3. Falconry a close-fitting cover, placed over the head and eyes of a falcon to keep it quiet when not hunting
4. Biology a structure or marking, such as the fold of skin on the head of a cobra, that covers or appears to cover the head or some similar part
1. Robin. See Robin Hood
2. Samuel, 1st Viscount. 1724--1816, British admiral. He fought successfully against the French during the American Revolution and the French Revolutionary Wars
3. Thomas. 1799--1845, British poet and humorist: his work includes protest poetry, such as The Song of the Shirt (1843) and The Bridge of Sighs (1844)
What does it mean when you dream about a hooded figure?
Mystery and death are the associations of a hooded figure. The hood can indicate either the passing away of old obstacles or cowering and hiding from a person or a situation.
An opaque shield placed above or around the screen of a cathode-ray tube to eliminate extraneous light.
Close-fitting, rubber head covering that leaves the face exposed; used in scuba diving.
A protective covering, usually providing special ventilation to carry away objectionable fumes, dusts, and gases, in which dangerous chemical, biological, or radioactive materials can be safely handled.
1. A cover placed above an opening or an object to shelter it.
2. A cover placed over a fire or chimney to create a draft and to direct the smoke, odors, or noxious vapors into a flue; may be supported or hung in space, or attached to a wall; sometimes furnished with a grease filter or extractor, a light fixture, and fire-extinguishing system.
Any of a variety of devices used to restrict vision so that the pilot has no outside visual clues and can see only the aircraft instruments. It is used during instrument training to simulate conditions where the pilot cannot see outside the plane, such as being in a cloud.
Hierarchical Object Oriented Design: a method for Architectural Design primarily for software to be developed in Ada, leading to automated checking, documentation and source code generation.