neutral(redirected from Amino acid transport systems, neutral)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
1. Politics of, belonging to, or appropriate to a neutral party, country, etc.
2. (of a colour such as white or black) having no hue; achromatic
3. a less common term for neuter (sense 1)
4. Chem neither acidic nor alkaline
5. Physics having zero charge or potential
6. Rare having no magnetism
7. a citizen of a neutral state
8. the position of the controls of a gearbox that leaves the transmission disengaged
Property of a solution which is neither acidic nor basic, having the same concentration of hydrogen ions as water.
Referring to the absence of a net electric charge.
That setting in an automotive transmission in which all the gears are disengaged and the output shaft is disconnected from the drive wheels.