Arlington House-Robert E Lee Memorial

Arlington House-Robert E Lee Memorial

Address:George Washington Memorial Pkwy
Turkey Run Park
McLean, VA 22101

Phone:703-235-1530
Web: www.nps.gov/arho/
Size: 28 acres.
Established: Lee Mansion restoration authorized on March 4, 1925; transferred from War Department on August 10, 1933; designated as Custis-Lee Mansion by Congress on June 29, 1955; restoration of historic name on June 30, 1972.
Location:Overlooks the Potomac River and Washington, DC. Accessible by shuttle bus or by a 10-minute walk from the Arlington National Cemetery Visitor Center/parking area. Access from Washington is via the Memorial Bridge. Access from Virginia is from the George Washington Memorial Parkway.
Facilities:Rest rooms (é), visitor center, museum/exhibit.
Activities:Self-guided tours, guided tours (by appointment).
Special Features:This antebellum home of the Custis and Lee families was home to Robert E. Lee for 30 years (1831-1861). It was built by George Washington Parke Custis and his slaves between 1802 and 1818.

See other parks in Virginia.
Full browser ?