a cave located in Moravia (Czechoslovakia). An extremely rich burial site was discovered there dating from the Iron Age (middle of the first millennium B.C.). Studied in 1872 by the Czech archaeologist J. Wankel.
Initially there was a forge of the Hallstatt culture in this cave; later it was converted into a burial place. Revealed here was the grave of a clan leader with 40 slaves who had been put to death. Also discovered were a war chariot, iron weapons, gold and copper ornaments, a cup made from a human skull, cereal grains, and many other things. The copper statue of a bull found in the cave is of special interest, since to this day the site is called Býčí skála (Cliff of the Bull).