Korobkov, Boris Mikhailovich
Born July 24 (Aug. 6), 1900, in Bolva station, now Ordzhonikidzegrad, Briansk Oblast; died Sept. 19, 1971, in Moscow. Soviet military commander; colonel general of the tank troops (1944). Member of the CPSU from 1926.
Korobkov served in the Red Army from 1919 to 1924 and fought in the Civil War. He was recalled into the Red Army in June 1932 and graduated from the Military Academy of Mechanization and Motorization in 1934. In 1934-38 he worked as senior engineer, chief of a design bureau, and assistant chief of an armored-vehicle research and testing grounds. In 1938-40 he was deputy chief of the Directorate of Armored and Motor Vehicles of the Red Army. In 1940-42, Korobkov was chief of the directorate and first deputy chief of the Main Directorate of Armored and Motor Vehicles. He was first deputy and deputy commander of the armored and mechanized troops from 1942 to 1952. He entered the reserves in October 1952 for reasons of health. Korobkov was awarded two Orders of Lenin, three Orders of the Red Banner, the Order of Kutuzov Second Class, two Orders of the Red Star, various medals, and the Order of the Polish People’s Republic.