Cabral


Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

Cabral

Pedro Álvarez . ?1460--?1526, Portuguese navigator: discovered and took possession of Brazil for Portugal in 1500.
References in periodicals archive ?
AUTHOR Joao Cabral de Melo Neto (1920-1999) COUNTRY Brazil PRINCIPAL GENRE Verse, Essay
Cabral (1924-1973) obviously anticipated many practical and theoretical problems relevant to the current question of "who belongs to civil society or the nation?
The ABC of the government's three-point campaign to combat HIV/Aids is "abstinence, faithfulness, and condom use," said Cabral.
Cabral faces up to a year in jail when he is sentenced May 11.
The multi-talented Isabella Cabral wrote her dissertation on Brazilian architecture and studied painting and art history in Brazil and France.
Poyet said: "It is clear Cabral had a few options but in the end he could not finalise anything.
Cabral became the Special Education Department head in 1994 and Director of Student Resources in 2002.
Swansea were matching Napoli pass for pass and attack for attack and were denied the lead midway through the first half through a brilliant save by Cabral.
Ajith Nivard Cabral, governor of the central bank of Sri Lanka, said that about 90 percent of the assets, deposits and advances in the non-banking financial institutions sector are held by 20 NBFIs, while 38 companies hold the remaining 10 percent.
Avant-hier mercredi a Rio, une manifestation pour reclamer le depart du gouverneur de l'Etat de Rio de Janeiro, Sergio Cabral, s'est ainsi terminee par l'invasion de la mairie finalement degagee a coups de matraques et de gaz lacrymogene par les forces de l'ordre.
The violence followed a peaceful rally by 300 people who railed against Sao Paulo Governor Geraldo Alckmin and expressed solidarity with Rio protesters seeking the impeachment of Governor Sergio Cabral accused of corruption and arrogance.
While there may still be work to be done on both of those deals, three were sealed when Valentin Roberge, Cabral and Modibo Diakite all officially became Sunderland players.