Mentioned in ?
References in classic literature ?
In ten minutes after the strangers had departed, Franz was on the road to the Piazza de Spagni, listening with studied indifference to the learned dissertation delivered by Albert, after the manner of Pliny and Calpurnius, touching the iron-pointed nets used to prevent the ferocious beasts from springing on the spectators.
Eight papers from a February 2014 conference in Paris comprise the second of three volumes showcasing recent research on Roman Declamation, this one focusing on Calpurnius Flaccus.
There is some evidence that it was the home-away-from-Rome for the consul Lucius Calpurnius Piso Caesonius, father-in-law to Julius Caesar.
40) This epode not only uses mollis inertia in its opening line, but it also speaks to Maecenas's feelings as "burning" (urere), a term Karakasis (2013, 231-4) has called chiefly elegiac in his discussion of Calpurnius Siculus's generic interaction with love elegy in Eel.
Calpurnius Piso or Seneca himself, he enjoyed a front-row seat to the legendary Julio-Claudian dysfunctions.
Una segunda propuesta se concreta en la existencia de un vinculo entre el Calpurnius Salvianus que presento una acusacion contra Sexto Mario, segun sabemos por Tacito (Ann.
Vesuvius, where he lost his adoptive father and mentor, Pliny the Younger is asked by his friend Aurelia to help her husband Calpurnius, who has been accused of murder in Naples.
He eventually joined the conspiracy of Caius Calpurnius Piso, who planned to overthrow Nero's despotic rule by assassinating him and be made an emperor himself, through the agency of the pretorian guard.
Calpurnius Serhuhoris (HEp5, 936, Calpurnia se llamaba la madre de Aemilius Seranus en Andelos: CIL II, 2967) y en Oyarzun (Guipuzcoa): Val(erius) Beltesonis(HAE 2464 conservada en el Museo de San Telmo) (2).
23) The Hamii were definitely back at Carvoran by about the year 163 or 164, when their commander dedicated two altars under the governor Calpurnius Agricola:
In another account, Calpurnius Piso, the governor of Syria, was accused of corrupting his soldiers and of poisoning Germanicus, Tiberius' adopted son and a popular commander in the Eastern provinces.
SEXTUS CALPURNIUS AGRICOLA was governor of Germania Superior and then of Britannia from c.
Encyclopedia browser ?
- Caloric Value of Food
- calorific value
- Calorimeter, Ionization
- calorimetric test
- calorimetric titration
- calorimetric-respirometric ratio
- Caloris Basin
- calorized steel
- Caloveglia, Count
- Calovius, Abraham
- Calpurnius Siculus, Titus
- calrya glabra
- Caltech Intermediate Form
- Caltech Submillimeter Observatory
- caltha palustris
- Calthorpe, Peter
- Calumet City
- Calumet County
- Calumet Harbor
- Calvaert, Denis
- Calvé, Emma
- calved ice
- Calverley, Charles Stuart
Full browser ?
- Calpine Canada Natural Gas Partnership
- Calpine Canada Whitby Holdings Company
- Calpine Energy Services Canada Partnership
- Calpine Natural Gas Trust
- Calpine Operating Services Company, Inc.
- Calpine/Bechtel Joint Development Energy Center Projects
- Calpol paediatric
- Calprotectin L1H subunit
- Calprotectin L1L subunit
- Calpurnius Siculus, Titus
- calque formation