Camp Edgewood(religion, spiritualism, and occult)
Organized in 1898 and incorporated in 1899, Camp Edgewood is a Spiritualist center located on Surprise Lake, near Tacoma, Washington. The campgrounds were purchased in 1903, and an auditorium was built by 1927. The camp was extensively refurbished in 2004. The old hotel became the new Healing Center, with bedrooms on the second floor. The Spirit Center has a séance room in addition to a large classroom for various workshops and development classes. There is also a chapel, gazebo, and rose garden. The original bell is still rung to announce services. Cabins and homes cover a ten-acre area.