carillon(redirected from Carillonneurs)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus.
carillon,in music: see bellbell,
in music, a percussion instrument consisting of a hollow metal vessel, often cup-shaped with an outward-flaring rim, damped at one end and set into vibration by a blow from a clapper within or from a hammer without.
..... Click the link for more information. .
A musical instrument played from a keyboard with two or more full chromatic octaves of fine bells shaped for homogeneity of timbre.
1. A bell tower; a campanile.
2. A set of fixed bells, usually hung in a tower and struck by hammers.
1. a set of bells usually hung in a tower and played either by keys and pedals or mechanically
2. a tune played on such bells
3. an organ stop giving the effect of a bell
4. a form of celesta or keyboard glockenspiel