casing(redirected from Casings)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Idioms, Wikipedia.
1. a frame containing a door, window, or staircase
2. the outer cover of a pneumatic tyre
3. a pipe or tube used to line a hole or shaft
4. the outer shell of a steam or gas turbine
A finishing member around the opening of a door or window.
The outer portion of a tire assembly consisting of fabric or cord to which rubber is vulcanized.
A fire-resistant covering used to protect part or all of a steam generating unit.
A special steel tubing welded or screwed together and lowered into a borehole to prevent entry of loose rock, gas, or liquid into the borehole or to prevent loss of circulation liquid into porous, cavernous, or crevassed ground.
1. The exposed trim molding, framing, or lining around a door or window; may be either flat or molded.
2. Finished millwork, of uniform profile, which covers pipes or encases a structural member such as a post or beam.
3. A pipe section