References in periodicals archive ?
The Caspian Sea is the world's largest inland water reservoir not linked to any world ocean.
The corresponding resolution was signed by Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov in order to ensure the environmental safety of the Caspian Sea.
Clintondale Aviation will be providing to the Caspian Sea Consortium a newly refurbished Tupolev 134 jet, which has been upgraded to meet western aviation standards, as well as logistical and supporting ground services in Kazakhstan.
In October 2013, Sayyari and his Kazakh counterpart Rear Admiral Zhandarbek Zhanzakov, in a meeting in Tehran underlined the need for boosting cooperation between the two countries in the Caspian Sea.
Prior to this, status of the Caspian Sea was governed by a contract dated 1921 and signed between Russia and Persia, and the agreement on trade and navigation signed between the Soviet Union and Iran in 1940.
The main objective of this convention is the protection of the Caspian environment from all sources of pollution including the protection, preservation, restoration and sustainable and rational use of the biological resources of the Caspian Sea.
Iran is making a great contribution to preserve ecology of the Caspian Sea, as a lot of rivers with clear mountain water run in it, he said.
Companies included in the Western consortium are Amoco Caspian Sea as operator, Unocal Azeri, Ltd.
Given its abundant capacities and unique geography, the Islamic Republic of Iran is ready to cooperate with the Caspian Sea littoral states and we hope to be able to remove obstacles to the development of cooperation," he added.
Today our main task is to combine the objective economic interests with the need to preserve the environment and water, biological diversity of the Caspian Sea, to prevent violations of the fragile ecological balance," the President said.
70% of issues on the status of the Caspian Sea were settled at previous meetings and the rest 30% of issues to be discussed at the next meeting require special approach.
We believe that the (ongoing) Tehran meeting of the Caspian Sea littoral states and also the Baku meeting last month have taken fundamental and important steps for removal of differences," Bradchikov, also President Vladimir Putin's Special Envoy in Caspian Sea Affairs, told reporters on the sidelines of the 40th Meeting of the Special Working Group of the Caspian Sea Legal Regime in Tehran on Monday.