Central House of Writers

Central House of Writers

 

a Moscow writers’ club founded in 1934 under the Writers’ Union of the USSR on the initiative of M. Gorky. In 1971 the Central House of Writers was named in honor of A. A. Fadeev.

The tasks of the Central House of Writers include assisting the boards of the Writers’ Union of the USSR, the Writers’ Union of the RSFSR, and the Moscow Writers’ Organization in their ideological and creative work among writers. The club organizes such activities as literary evenings, debates on creativity, readers’ conferences, exhibitions, and screenings of films. Affiliated with the Central House of Writers are lecturers, seminars, a public university of literature, and a bibliophiles’ club. There are also houses of writers in Leningrad, Kiev, Minsk, Baku, Yerevan, Sukhumi, Tbilisi, Tashkent, Alma-Ata, Kazan, Riga, Tallinn, and Vil’nius.

B. M. FILIPPOV

Full browser ?