Central Studio of Documentary Films

Central Studio of Documentary Films

 

the major Soviet studio for the production of newsreels and documentary films. The studio, located in Moscow, was founded in 1927 as a special newsreel department of the Sovkino motion-picture studio. The department was reorganized as the all-Union newsreel studio Soiuzkinokhronika in 1931. It was renamed the Moscow Newsreel Studio in 1936 and the Central Newsreel Studio in 1940, receiving its present name in 1944. The studio releases approximately 120 news serials and more than 160 documentary films a year (1976 figures). Its news serials include The News of the Day, Foreign News Journal, Soviet Sport, Soviet Cinema, and Pioneer Life.

The studio has been awarded the Order of Lenin (1970) and the Order of the Red Banner (1944).

Full browser ?