Addressing a departmentl meeting here on Friday, he said, that 13 centers would be established in Kallar Syedan District Rawalpindi, Sohawa District, Jehlum, Pind Dadan Khan District Jehlum, Darya Khan District Bhakkar, Tandlianwala District Faisalabad, Nowshera Virkan District Gujranwala, Sara-e-Alamgir District Gujrat, Ferozwala District Sheikhupura, Chunia
District Kasur, Kahror Paka District Vehari, Seetpur Tehsil Ali Pur District Muzaffargarh.
Power Limited, Nishat Power Limited and WorldCall Telecom Limited lost their per share value by Re 0.
Partner Marian Tse and associate Sarah Bock (Benefits), and partner Jennifer Chunias
(FCPA) provided additional support.
34) See Chunias
& Aufgang, supra note 22, at 121-22.
69) Her conclusion is supported by Chunias
and Aufgang's 2008 finding that state compensation mechanisms for the exonerated "are excessively restrictive in identifying who will be compensated, and cap the amount of recovery at artificially low levels.
162) Armbrust, supra note 15, at 171; Burnett, supra note 15, at 282-84; Chunias
& Aufgang, supra note 15, at 128; Lopez, supra note 15, at 722; Martin, supra note 15, at 4, 8, 11, 13; Norris, supra note 15, at 3.
86) Indeed, of the two hundred petitions that the NEIP receives annually, Chunias estimates that less than 10% have actually received committee approval.
79) Telephone Interview with Jennifer Chunias, Executive Coordinator, New England Innocence Project, in Boston, Mass.
172) Interview with Jennifer Chunias, supra note 79 (Chunias stated that "under five" of the cases dealt with by the NEIP have resulted in confirmations of guilt.
Chunias estimates that the project attorneys spend a total of 3,000-4,000 hours per year working with petitioners.
The time frame of the total application process is even longer: Chunias estimates that it can take six months to a year and a half until a candidate is even accepted by the project.
13) Jennifer Chunias
and Yael Aufgang argued that wrongly convicted individuals should be provided with meaningful services upon release as it: (1) repays them for the nonmonetary injuries they have experienced as a result of their wrongful incarceration (e.