Cóbh (kōv) [Irish,=cove], town (1991 pop. 8,219), Co. Cork, S Republic of Ireland, on the south shore of Great Island in Cork Harbour. Originally called Cove of Cork, the town was renamed Queenstown when Queen Victoria visited in 1849. It was named Cóbh in 1922. Cóbh has iron foundries and is Ireland's chief transatlantic port with large docks and stations of naval stores. Situated on slopes above the harbor and having a temperate climate, Cóbh is also a popular seaside resort. It houses the headquarters of the Royal Cork Yacht Club, the oldest yacht club in the world (founded in the early 18th cent.). St. Colman's (completed 1915), which towers over the town, is an outstanding example of a neo-Gothic cathedral.