one of the cities of the Bosporan State. It was mentioned by Strabo (XI, 2, 8, and 14) and other ancient authors. Presumably, Corocondame was located on the southern shore of Taman’ Gulf (known in ancient times as Lake Corocondamitis) on Cape Tuzla. The remains of an ancient settlement and its necropolis have been preserved, and the site has been excavated many times since the mid-19th century. It has been established that the settlement existed from the sixth century B.C. through the fourth century A.D. and had a mixed population (Greeks, Sindi, Maeotae).
REFERENCESGaidukevich, V. F. Bosporskoe tsarstvo. Moscow-Leningrad, 1949.
Sorokina, N. P. Tuzlinskii nekropoV. Moscow, 1957.