dyke(redirected from Diesel Dyke)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Wikipedia.
1. an embankment constructed to prevent flooding, keep out the sea, etc.
2. a ditch or watercourse
3. a bank made of earth excavated for and placed alongside a ditch
4. Scot a wall, esp a dry-stone wall
5. a vertical or near-vertical wall-like body of igneous rock intruded into cracks in older rock
Greg(ory). born 1947, British television executive; director-general of the BBC (2000--04)
1. A dry stone wall.
2. A long low dam.
3. A bank of earth from an excavation.
4. An earth embankment which acts as a coffer-dam for keeping water out of an excavation.