DMS(redirected from Digital Multiplex System)
Also found in: Dictionary, Medical, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
DMS(1) See digital media server.
(2) (Document Management System) See document management.
(3) (Digital Media Server) A DLNA-certified computer or network attached storage device (NAS) that holds multimedia content. See DLNA.
(4) (Defense Messaging System) An X.500-compliant messaging system developed by the U.S. Dept. of Defense. It is used by all the branches of the armed forces as well as federal agencies involved with security.
(5) (Desktop Management Suite) A collection of software administration and backup programs for Windows from Seagate Software.
(6) (Digital Multiplex System) A family of digital switches and gateways from Nortel Networks that is used in a telco central office. It includes the large local/toll exchange DMS-100/200 and small local exchange DMS-10, DMS-250 long distance switches.