dorsal(redirected from Dorsal respiratory group)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
Related to Dorsal respiratory group: Apneustic center, pontine respiratory center, Pneumotaxic center, Ventral respiratory group, Pontine respiratory group
1. Anatomy Zoology relating to the back or spinal part of the body
2. Botany of, relating to, or situated on the side of an organ that is directed away from the axis
Located near or on the back of an animal or one of its parts.
1. A decorative hood above a niche, pulpit, choir stall, or the like.
2. A covered area which extends from the wall of a building, protecting an entrance or loading dock.
3. The collective term for the upper blanket of foliage on trees.
Pertaining to the rear and upper surface of an object (e.g., dorsal fin, dorsal tank).