seat(redirected from Exchange Seats)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. Politics a membership or the right to membership in a legislative or similar body
2. Chiefly Brit a parliamentary constituency
3. the manner in which a rider sits on a horse
4. on seat W African informal (of officials) in the office rather than on tour or on leave
A chair, stool, or bench on which to sit; may be built-in, such as a window seat.
The fixed, pressure-containing portion of a valve which comes into contact with the moving portions of that valve.
Support or holder for a mechanism, or for a part of one.
To fit correctly in or on a holder, or prepared position, such as to seat a fuse in a bomb, a projectile in the bore of a gun, or a cartridge in a chamber.
1. In carpentry, same as seat cut.
2. In plumbing, same as valve seat.