The project envisages the demolition of the current main library, designed in the early 1960s by Sir Frederick Gibberd
, who was also responsible for the distinctive Roman Catholic Cathedral in Liverpool.
Guest speakers include architects Sir Frederick Gibberd
and Sir Frank Baines.
The late architect Frederick Gibberd
designed it to accommodate 1.
Discovery Park; and Kier North East, DEFRA, Frank Shaw, AECOM, Appleyards, Haden Young and Frederick Gibberd
for Project ZEBRA@Lion House, Alnwick.
Jan Morris in Wales: Epic Views of a Small Country writes, "Their brochure [Liverpool Corporation] describing the project did not mention that it was in Wales at all, and the name of not a single Welshman appeared upon it: the water engineer was from Liverpool, the consulting engineers were from London, the landscape consultant was Frederick Gibberd
, CBE, the contractors were from Wolverhampton and the fishery adviser from Aberdeen.
The impressive edifice, designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd
, was completed in 1978 and beneath its prominent golden dome is a main hall which can hold almost 2,000 worshippers.
And his dismissal of the important work of Frederick Gibberd
and Philip Powell on the 35 000 highly popular BISF Type Al steel-framed houses of the 1940s as 'architectural treatment' is just plain silly.
Designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd
and consecrated in 1967, it was built on land adjacent to the pre-war crypt, the only completed part of Sir Edwin Lutyens's stupendous 1930 design.
It was designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd
, architect of Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral.
Devotional pub quizzers know the RC Cathedral was designed by an Anglican, Frederick Gibberd
, and the Anglican cathedral designed by an RC, Giles Gilbert Scott.
These wartime two-storey prefabricated homes were designed by famous English architect and town planner Sir Frederick Gibberd
(1908-1984), from Coventry, who was the brains behind Liverpool's RC Cathedral and Heathrow Airport (Terminals 1, 2, and 3).
It was to become but part of the present cathedral, designed by Sir Frederick Gibberd
and consecrated on May 14,1967, but it is a magnificent fragment of what might have been.