Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city, administrative center of Gavrilov Posad Raion, Ivanovo Oblast, RSFSR, at the confluence of the Voimiga and Irmes rivers (tributary of the Nerl’). It has a railroad station 80 km southwest of the city of Ivanova. There are textile and clothing factories in the city. Gavrilov Posad was founded by Ivan the Terrible in the 16th century and became a city in 1789.