Generalov, Fedor Stepanovich
Born Feb. 24 (Mar. 8), 1899, in the village of Borki, present-day Lukhovitsy Raion, Moscow Oblast; died May 3, 1962, in Dedinovo, Lukhovitsy Raion, Moscow Oblast. Figure in kolkhoz development and twice Hero of Socialist Labor (1949, 1957). Member of the CPSU from 1940.
In 1931, Generalov joined the Krasnyi Oktiabr’ Kolkhoz in Lukhovitsy Raion, Moscow Oblast, where from 1932 to 1937 he was vice-chairman and from 1937 to 1942 chairman. From 1942 to 1962 he was chairman of the Lenin Kolkhoz in Lukhovitsky Raion, Moscow Oblast—one of the country’s best kolkhozes, which made excellent showings in the output of livestock products per 100 hectares of plowed land, meadows, and pastures. Between 1946 and 1954 the number of cows on the kolkhoz increased from 190 to 376, average milk yield per cow increased from 2,653 to 4,358 kg, and milk production per 100 hectares of farmland rose from 366 to 1,180 centners. Generalov was a delegate to the Twentieth, Twenty-first, and Twenty-second Congresses of the CPSU and a deputy to the third through sixth convocations of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR. He was awarded the Order of Lenin, the Order of the Red Banner of Labor, and medals.