Georgian Institute of Subtropical Farming

Georgian Institute of Subtropical Farming

 

founded in Sukhumi in 1952 from the departments of the Georgian Agricultural Institute. In 1971 the institute included departments of subtropical farming, the technology of subtropical crops, agricultural mechanization, advanced training of agricultural specialists, and social professions; it also has a correspondence division and a graduate program. There are 28 subdepartments, 61 training and research laboratories, and a soil museum. The institute’s library has more than 200,000 volumes. In the 1970–71 academic year, 4,200 students were studying in the institute, and there were about 200 teachers, including ten professors and doctors of science and about 100 assistant professors and candidates of science. Between 1952 and 1971, the institute graduated more than 7,000 specialists. It publishes Transactions of the Georgian Institute of Subtropical Farming (since 1957, in Georgian and Russian).

Full browser ?