straight(redirected from Getting Straight)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial, Wikipedia.
1. (esp of an alcoholic drink) undiluted; neat
2. (of a play, acting style, etc.) straightforward or serious
3. US sold at a fixed unit price irrespective of the quantity sold
4. Boxing (of a blow) delivered with an unbent arm
5. (of the cylinders of an internal-combustion engine) in line, rather than in a V-formation or in some other arrangement
6. a slang word for heterosexual
7. Slang not using narcotics; not addicted
8. Brit a straight part of a racetrack
a. five cards that are in sequence irrespective of suit
b. a hand containing such a sequence
c. (as modifier): a straight flush
10. Slang a cigarette containing only tobacco, without marijuana, etc.
What does it mean when you dream about straightness?
For a dream to somehow emphasize straightness (as in a straight road) can indicate that the dreamer intends—or needs to—get things straightened out in her or her life. Perhaps a situation or a business deal was underhanded or “crooked.”