Gothic Revival style

Gothic Revival style

(1830–1860)
A romantic style distinguished by vertically pointed arches, steeply pitched complex gable roofs, finials, and medieval decorative motifs. Country houses featured wide verandas and octagonal towers or turrets. Windows in dormers had hood molds with gingerbread trim running along the eaves and gable ends. Variety was the standard of the style.
References in periodicals archive ?
Built in the Victorian gothic revival style, the chapel still retains some of its original features, including a scissor truss roof with exposed wooden beams, wrought iron decorative finials, diamond leaded lights, the remains of a mechanical organ, and a tiled aisle which is in need of restoration.
It was built between 1865 and 1867 by W & G Audsley - William James Audsley and George Ashdown Audsley - who also designed several other places of worship in Liverpool in the Gothic Revival style, including Princes Road Synagogue.
His father, the 3rd Marquess, remodelled the family home - Cardiff Castle - in a Gothic revival style and reconstructed Castell Coch in Tongwynlais, which he inherited in 1848.
The original building, which is in Green Lane, was completed in 1836 in the Gothic revival style, prettily placed on the eastern slopes of the Malvern Hills.
The church, which dates back to 1871, was designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott in a Gothic revival style.
The table is designed in the Arts & Crafts Gothic Revival style, circa 1850.
e 19th century pile was designed by Hippolyte Blanc, an architect best known for his church buildings in the Gothic revival style.
The church showcases the Victorian Gothic Revival style of architecture, with its L-shaped plan, three-sided apse and cross-gable roof with bell cote and chimney.
Built for shipbuilder Clement Griscom, President of the International Mercantile Marine Company, it was laid out in an asymmetrical Victorian Gothic revival style.
It was built in the 1860s in a Gothic Revival style for the Sandbach family, who sold it in the early 1930s.
St Benedict's was built in Gothic Revival style to a design by the celebrated ecclesiastical architect Augustus Welby Pugin, but on several occasions, redesign of the church was required.