Grigorian, Mark Vladimirovich

Grigorian, Mark Vladimirovich

 

Born Apr. 16 (29), 1900, in Nakhichevan’-na-Donu, now part of Rostov-on-Don. Soviet architect. Honored Art Worker of the Armenian SSR (1940) and Honored Architect of the Armenian SSR (1969). Member of the CPSU since 1945.

Grigorian graduated from the architecture division of the engineering department of the University of Yerevan in 1928. During 1938–50 he was the chief architect of Yerevan, where he built major public buildings, including the headquarters of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Armenia (1950. State Prize of the USSR, 1951). the Matenadaran (1959), and the conference hall for plenums of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Armenia (1967–69). Grigorian has designed a number of sanatoriums and residential and administrative buildings in other cities as well. He received the State Prize of the Armenian SSR in 1971 for his part in designing the ensemble of buildings on Lenin Square in Yerevan (for example, the combined House of Unions and House of Communications and the Armenia Hotel, 1950–60). Grigorian has been awarded the Order of Lenin and the Badge of Honor, as well as medals.

WORKS

Ploshchad’ Lenina v Erevane. Yerevan, 1969.
Full browser ?