Gustavo A. Madero


Also found in: Dictionary, Acronyms, Wikipedia.

Gustavo A. Madero

(go͞ostä`vō ä mädā`rō), city (1990 pop. 1,268,068), Federal District, S central Mexico. Formerly called Guadalupe Hidalgo, it was renamed in 1931. It is the site of the Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine and is a major Roman Catholic pilgrimage center. The treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo (1848), which ended the Mexican War, was signed there.

Gustavo A. Madero

a city in central Mexico, northeast of Mexico City: became a pilgrimage centre after an Indian convert had a vision of the Virgin Mary here in 1531. Pop.: 668 500 (2000 est.)