ford(redirected from Harrison Ford)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Acronyms, Wikipedia.
ford,shallow place in a body of water, especially a river, that may be crossed by wading. Around the crossings habitually forded, cities sprang up; hence fords came to be the sites of numerous river towns. They have been of particular importance in migrations and in the deployment of armies in campaigns and have therefore been frequently fortified.
A shallow and usually narrow part of a stream, estuary, or other body of water that may be crossed; for example, by wading or by a wheeled land vehicle.
assumes pseudonym to uncover adulterer. [Br. Lit.: Merry Wives of Windsor]
a shallow area in a river that can be crossed by car, horseback, etc.
1. Ford Maddox original name Ford Madox Hueffer. 1873--1939, English novelist, editor, and critic; works include The Good Soldier (1915) and the war tetralogy Parade's End (1924--28).
2. Gerald R(udolph). born 1913, US politician; 38th president of the US (1974--77)
3. Harrison. born 1942, US film actor. His films include Star Wars (1977) and its sequels, Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) and its sequels, Bladerunner (1982), Clear and Present Danger (1994), and What Lies Beneath (2000)
4. Henry. 1863--1947, US car manufacturer, who pioneered mass production
5. John. 1586--?1639, English dramatist; author of revenge tragedies such as 'Tis Pity She's a Whore (1633)
6. John, real name Sean O'Feeney. 1895--1973, US film director, esp of Westerns such as Stagecoach (1939) and She Wore a Yellow Ribbon (1949)