haunch(redirected from Hip (anatomy))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
1. the human hip or fleshy hindquarter of an animal, esp a horse or similar quadruped
2. Architect the part of an arch between the impost and the apex
1. The middle part between the crown and the springing of an arch.
2. The part of a beam projecting beneath a roof slab or floor.
3. That portion of a pipe barrel extending from the bottom to the springline.
4. The lower third of the circumference of a pipe.
5. The deepened section of a beam near a support.