region(redirected from I region)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.
1. an area considered as a unit for geographical, functional, social, or cultural reasons
2. an administrative division of a country
3. (in Scotland from 1975 until 1996) any of the nine territorial divisions into which the mainland of Scotland was divided for purposes of local government; replaced in 1996 by council areas
(1) A territory identified by certain characteristics or peculiarities. In many cases, a taxonomic unit, as in physico-geographical region.
(2) In certain countries outside the USSR, an administrative and territorial unit, as in Paris region.
A group of machine addresses which refer to a base address.
The union of an open connected set with a subset of its boundary points (which may be the entire boundary or the empty set).