Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city in Sverdlovsk Oblast, RSFSR. Located in the northern Urals, on the IvdeP River (Ob’ River basin) near the confluence of the IvdeP and Loz’va rivers. Located 126 km north of Serov, IvdeP is a railroad junction on the line to Serov, Polu-nochnoe, and Sergino. Population, 15,000 (1970). There is a wood-products combine and a hydrolysis plant in the city. IvdeP also has a museum of local lore. Near IvdeP are an iron mine and a limestone quarry, and timber is cut in the vicinity. The city was established in 1943 on the basis of the village of Nikito-Ivdel’.