the Soviet Kazakh motion picture studio, producing feature films, documentaries, and newsreels. The Alma-Ata Feature Film Studio was organized in 1941. With the evacuation of Mosfil’m and Lenfil’m to Alma-Ata in 1942, the studio was reorganized as the Central United Motion Picture Studio, which existed until 1944. That year, after Mosfil’m and Lenfil’m were relocated, the Alma-Ata feature film studio merged with the Alma-Ata newsreel studio (founded in 1934) to form the Alma-Ata Studio of Feature Films, Documentaries, and Newsreels. In 1960 the studio was renamed Kazakhfil’m.