label(redirected from Lable)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Financial.
1. another name for dripstone
2. Computing a group of characters, such as a number or a word, appended to a particular statement in a program to allow its unique identification
3. Chem a radioactive element used in a compound to trace the mechanism of a chemical reaction
What does it mean when you dream about a label?
A dream about labels is often about self-projection, either how we want to be perceived or how we imagine others see us.
A data item that serves to identify a data record (much in the same way as a key is used), or a symbolic name used in a program to mark the location of a particular instruction or routine.
drip, headmold, hoodmold, label, throating, weather molding
1. The outermost projecting molding around the top of a door or window, to discharge rainwater.
3. A pipe, or a steam trap and a pipe considered as a unit, which conducts condensation from the steam side of a piping system to the water or return side of the system.
4. A container that is typically installed at a low point in a gas piping system to collect condensate (i.e., liquids that may form within the gas system).
label molding, label
An identifier used to mark a position in a program so that it can be the destination of a goto statement.
label(1) A made-up name that is assigned to a file, field or other data structure.
(2) Any descriptive text entered into a spreadsheet cell as a page, column or row heading.
(3) In programming, a made-up name used to identify a variable or a subroutine.
(4) A virtual folder in Gmail. See Gmail labels and virtual folder.
(5) A self-sticking form attached to the outside of a disk cartridge or tape for identification.
(6) In magnetic tape files, a record used for identification at the beginning or end of the file.
(7) An external DOS/Windows command that names a storage unit (the volume label). The name can be up to 11 characters long with spaces. The following example names the C: drive "Kingston SSD:"
label c:Kingston SSD