ledge(redirected from Ledges)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal.
Related to Ledges: Ledges State Park
1. a ridge of rock that lies beneath the surface of the sea
2. a narrow shelflike rock projection on a cliff or mountain
A horizontal timber on the back of a batten door or on a framed and braced door.
A raised edge or molding.
A narrow shelf projecting from the side of a vertical structure.
A horizontal timber that supports the put-logs of scaffolding.
A narrow, shelflike ridge or rock protrusion, much longer than high, and usually horizontal, formed in a rock wall or on a cliff face.
A ridge of rocks found underwater, especially one near a shore or connected with and bordering a shore.
In-gate for a foundry mold.
A mining quarry exposure.
An outcrop associated with a mineral deposit.
1. A small projecting member or molding.
2. A wood member across a number of boards to hold them together.
3. An unframed member which stiffens a board, or a series of boards or battens.