Born Aug. 16, 1891, in Paris. French architect.
From 1912 to 1928, Lods studied at the Ecole Nationale Supériere des Beaux-Arts in Paris. He headed the school’s atelier of architecture between 1942 and 1964, becoming a professor there in 1956. He worked with E. Beaudouin. Lods was one of the first architects to use a metal and reinforced-concrete frame filled with precast concrete slabs, a unified modular system, and production-line methods in large-scale housing construction. His housing complexes include those in the Parisian suburbs of Drancy (1933–34) and Marly-le-Roi (1957). Lods also designed a boarding school in Suresnes (near Paris, 1933–34), the House of the People in Clichy (in the department of Hauts-de-Seine, 1939), and the Church of St. Joan of Arc in Belfort (1957).