Mikha Tskhakaia

Mikha Tskhakaia

 

(until 1935, Senaki), incorporated as a city in 1921; administrative center of Tskhakaia Raion, Georgian SSR. Located in the Kolkhida lowland, on the Black Sea highway. A station on the Tuapse-Samtredia railroad line, with a 40-km branch line to Poti. Population, 25,000 (1970). The city produces carpets, wine, soft drinks, canned goods, butter and cheese, tea, and construction materials. An agricultural technicum and a people’s amateur theater are located in Mikha Tskhakaia. The city was renamed in honor of the Georgian revolutionary M. G. Tskhakaia, whose house is a museum. The health resort of Mendzhi is 3 km from Mikha Tskhakaia.

References in periodicals archive ?
In 1919, he became a member of the Communist Party and a protege of a high-ranking Party official in Georgia, Mikha Tskhakaia.
In 1938, Enchmen requested Stalin's help through the good offices of the old work-horse Mikha Tskhakaia, pointing out that he was slighted by Bukharin.