Also found in: Wikipedia.
a city in northern Rostov Oblast, RSFSR. Major rail and road junction serving Moscow, Rostov-on-Don, and Voroshilovgrad. Population, 36,000 (1972).
Millerovo was founded in the second half of the 19th century and was incorporated as a city in 1926. During the years of socialist construction, it became a major center for agricultural purchasing and food processing. During the Great Patriotic War of 1941-45, Millerovo was occupied by fascist German troops from July 16, 1941, to Jan. 17, 1943, and suffered great losses at their hands. The city was fully restored after the war. Industries include metallurgical equipment, the MillerovosePmash Plant, meat packing, vegetable oil extraction, flour milling, wine-making, and clothing and furniture manufacture. The city has an agricultural technicum.