Moldavian Agricultural Institute

Moldavian Agricultural Institute

 

(full name, M. V. Frunze Kishinev Agricultural Institute), founded in 1940. In 1974 the institute had departments of agronomy, fruit and vegetable growing and viticulture, zootechnics, mechanization, irrigation and drainage, and economics. It also had departments for the advanced training of specialists, correspondence and graduate divisions, 46 subdepartments, three training and experimental farms, covering some 11,000 hectares, three experimental stations, and ten research laboratories.

In 1973–74 the institute had an enrollment of 7,000 and a faculty of more than 400, including four members and one corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of the Moldavian SSR and the Lenin Ail-Union Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 23 professors and doctors of science, and 180 docents and candidates of science. The institute accepts doctoral and candidate’s dissertations for defense, and has published scientific works since 1949. Between 1946 and 1973 the institute trained some 14,000 specialists.

Mentioned in ?