Moscow Oblast Pedagogical Institute

Moscow Oblast Pedagogical Institute

 

(full name, N. K. Krupskaia Moscow Oblast Pedagogical Institute; MOPI), a pedagogical institute founded in 1931 and named in honor of N. K. Krupskaia in 1957. In 1973 the institute comprised departments of Russian language and literature, physics, mathematics, natural sciences and geography, history, physical education, English language, and German and French languages. It also has evening, correspondence, and preparatory divisions, a graduate school, 42 subdepartments, two special problem and five sectorial laboratories, and a library with more than 400, 000 volumes.

In 1972–73 the institute had about 12, 000 students and about 500 instructors, including four members and corresponding members of the Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of the USSR, 43 professors and doctors of sciences, and 260 docents and candidates of sciences. The institute accepts doctoral and candidate’s dissertations for defense. It has published Uchenye zapiski since 1937. The institute trained more than 40, 000 teachers between 1931 and 1972.

N. A. SERAEV

Encyclopedia browser ?
Full browser ?