Moscow Silk Combine

Moscow Silk Combine

 

(full name, P. P. Shcherbakov Moscow Silk Combine), a large enterprise of the textile industry in the USSR; it produces more than 100 varieties of silk fabrics (synthetic smooth garment fur, fur with a raised pile layer, fur for haberdashery and for lining footwear and garments, velvet for dresses, and jacquard and printed fabrics for dresses and suits).

The enterprise was founded in 1881 with foreign capital and, until the October Revolution of 1917, was called the Company of the Silk Manufactory in Moscow. It was nationalized in 1917 and was named in honor of P. P. Shcherbakov in 1926. The Moscow Silk Combine has been repeatedly re-equipped with new production technology during the years of Soviet power. The ninth five-year plan (1971–75) calls for its complete renovation, as a result of which the combine will specialize in the production of jacquard fabrics and artificial furs. Seven fabrics produced by the combine in 1973 were awarded the State Seal of Quality.

The staff of the Moscow Silk Combine is an initiator of large-scale socialist emulation in the textile industry. Before the Great Patriotic War (1941–45), emulation in multimachine operation was widespread. In the postwar five-year plans the emulation was directed at better use of the production floor space, and during the 1970’s there was emulation in the flow of production and for communist labor. More than 1, 600 workers in the combine have the title of Shock Worker of Communist Labor, and four departments of the combine have been awarded the title of Shop of Communist Labor. The combine was awarded the Order of Lenin in 1966.

T. I. ASEEVA


Moscow Silk Combine

 

(full name, Rosa Luxemburg Krasnaia Roza Moscow Silk Combine), a major enterprise of the silk industry in the USSR; it produces silk fabrics from natural and manmade fibers. The combine was formed in 1930 from a factory, which had been established in 1875 and whose workers participated in the Revolution of 1905–07 and in the October Armed Uprising in Moscow in 1917. The factory was named Krasnaia Roza (Red Rose) in 1924 in honor of Rosa Luxemburg.

During the Great Patriotic War of 1941–45, the combine produced material for parachutes. After the war, the production of fabrics from synthetic fibers developed rapidly. In the early 1970’s high-output equipment was installed and a computer information center was built. A remote-control production system is being installed, and multimachine operation has been adopted. In 1973, 2, 500 workers at the combine were participants in the communist labor movement. Thirteen hundred workers have the title of Shock Worker of Communist Labor. The production of fabrics has increased from 31 million linear m in 1950 to 58.5 million linear m in 1973.

A. M. DUBININ

Full browser ?