National Socialist Movement(redirected from National Socialist Movement (disambiguation))
National Socialist Movement
From the heartland of America, the National Socialist Movement offers a “modernized” Nazi political platform.
The National Socialist Movement (a.k.a. NSM88) is the largest (or second largest, according to the claims of the National Alliance group) Nazi party operating in the United States today. Founded in 1974 by Robert Brannen and Cliff Herrington, two former storm troopers from George Lincoln Rockwell’s American Nazi Party, the group is presently based in Minneapolis.
During the 1970s the NSM’s sphere of influence remained largely near its headquarters in South St. Paul. Brannen assumed leadership until he suffered multiple strokes and passed control to Herrington in 1983. For another ten years few in the Twin Cities were aware of the NSM. Then, in 1993, after Herrington and a member of NSM arrived in Nazi uniforms to protest a Minnesota legislative committee considering a proposed gay rights bill, the local media recognized the group’s existence. Encouraged by the publicity, members of the NSM began wearing their Nazi uniforms in public.
The uniform of the group is the brown shirt of the Nazi Sturmabteilung, the SA, also known as storm troops. Their choice of uniform and their open display of the swastika makes the NSM one of the most “Nazi-like” of all the neo-Nazi groups. The structure of the NSM is paramilitary, with its privates, sergeants, lieutenants, and captains subordinate to the commander. The chapters of the group are referred to as “units,” and the units participate in armed paramilitary training.
The NSM is openly worshipful of Adolf Hitler; however, its leaders insist that the group does not aspire to be a clone of the Third Reich, but rather, a separate creation. They preach a modernized Nazi platform that calls for an all-white America, the rejection of citizenship to non-whites, Jews, and homosexuals, and the repelling of immigrants who cross the U.S. borders to destroy the economy.
In 1994 Herrington turned command of the group over to Jeff Schoep, a much younger man, who had been active in the group from an early age and who had a large following among young skinheads, white supremacists, and racists. In a few years, the NSM grew from a few units to about thirty-eight, with approximately two hundred members. Schoep’s ambition is to work with all other white-supremacist groups to fashion a United Patriot Front, with himself as its leader.
The 25 Points of American National Socialism
- We demand the union of all Whites into a greater America on the basis of the right of national self-determination.
- We demand equality of rights for the American people in its dealings with other nations, and the revocation of the United Nations, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, the World Bank, the North American Free Trade Agreement, the World Trade Organization, and the International Monetary Fund.
- We demand land and territory (colonies) to feed our people and to settle surplus population.
- Only members of the nation may be citizens of the state. Only those of pure White blood, whatever their creed, may be members of the nation. Non-citizens may live in America only as guests and must be subject to laws for aliens. Accordingly, no Jew or homosexual may be a member of the nation.
- The right to vote on the State government and legislation shall be enjoyed by citizens of the state alone. We therefore demand that all official appointments, of whatever kind, whether in the nation, in the states or in smaller localities, shall be held by none but citizens. We oppose the corrupting parliamentary custom of filling posts merely in accordance with party considerations and special interests—without reference to character or abilities.
- We demand that the State shall make it its primary duty to provide a livelihood for its citizens. If it should prove impossible to feed the entire population, foreign nationals (non-citizens) will be deported.
- All non-White immigration must be prevented. We demand that all non-Whites currently residing in America be required to leave the nation forthwith and return to their land of origin: peacefully or by force.
- All citizens shall have equal rights and duties, regardless of class or station.
- It must be the first duty of every citizen to perform physical or mental work. The activities of the individual must not clash within the framework of the community and be for the common good.
We therefore demand:
- The abolition of incomes unearned by work; The breaking of interest slavery.
- In view of the enormous personal sacrifices of life and property demanded of a nation by any war, personal enrichment from war must be regarded as a crime against the nation. We therefore demand the ruthless confiscation of all war profits.
- We demand the nationalization of all businesses which have been formed into corporations (trusts).
- We demand economic reform suitable to our national requirements; The prohibition of pro-Marxist unions and their supplantation with National Socialist trade unions; The passing of a law instituting profit-sharing in large industrial enterprises; The creation of a livable wage; The restructuring of social security and welfare to include drug testing for welfare recipients; The immediate discontinuation of all taxes on things of life’s necessity, such as food, clothing, shelter, medicine etc.; The replacement of the current tax system with a flat-rate tax based on income.
- We demand the treasonable system of health care be completely revolutionized. We demand an end to the status quo in which people die or rot away from lack of proper treatment due to the failure of their medical coverage, Health Maintenance Organization, or insurance policy. We further demand the extensive development of insurance for old age and that prescription drugs be made both affordable and accessible.
- We demand the creation and maintenance of a healthy middle class, the immediate communalizing of big department stores and their lease at a cheap rate to small traders, and that the utmost consideration shall be shown to all small trades in the placing of state and municipal orders.
- We demand a land reform suitable to our national requirements, that shall be twofold in nature: The primary land reform will be to ensure all members of the nation receive affordable housing. The party as such stands explicitly for private property.
However, we support the passing of a law for the expropriation of land for communal purposes without compensation when deemed necessary for land illegally acquired, or not administered in accordance with the national welfare. We further demand the abolition of ground rent, the discontinuation of all taxes on property, and the prohibition of all speculation in land.
The secondary land reform will be to ensure the environmental integrity of the nation is preserved; By setting aside land for national wildlife refuges; By cleaning the urban, agricultural, and hydrographical (water) areas of the nation; By creating legislation regulating the amount of pollution, carbon dioxide, greenhouse gases, and toxins released into the atmosphere; And for the continued research and development of clean burning fuels and energy sources.
- We demand the ruthless prosecution of those whose activities are injurious to the common interest. Murderers, rapists, pedophiles, drug dealers, usurers, profiteers, race traitors, etc. must be severely punished, whatever their creed or race.
- We demand that Roman edict law, which serves a materialistic new world order, be replaced by Anglo-Saxon common law.
- The state must consider a thorough reconstruction of our national system of education with the aim of opening up to every able and hardworking American the possibility of higher education and of thus obtaining advancement.
The curricula of all educational establishments must be brought into line with the requirements of practical life. The aim of the school must be to give the pupil, beginning with the first sign of intelligence, a grasp of the state of the nation through the study of civic affairs. We demand the education of gifted children of poor parents, whatever their class or occupation, at the expense of the state.
- The state must ensure that the nation’s health standards are raised by protecting mothers, infants, and the unborn: By prohibiting abortion and euthanasia, except in cases of rape, incest, race-mixing, or mental retardation; By prohibiting child labor and ending the rudiments of child abuse, alcoholism, and drug addiction; By creating conditions to make possible the reestablishment of the nuclear family in which the father works while the mother stays at home and takes care of the children if they so choose; By taking away the economic burden associated with childbirth and replacing it with a structured system of pay raises for those that give birth to healthy babies, thereby returning the blessing associated with children.
To further ensure that the nation’s health standards are raised, legislation shall be passed promoting physical strength and providing for compulsory gymnastics and sports, and by the extensive support of clubs engaged in the physical training of youth.
- We demand the right to bear arms for law-abiding citizens.
- We demand the abolition of the mercenary army, the end to the over-use of our military as a “Meals-on-Wheels” program in foreign lands of no vital interest to our nation; and the formation of a true national service for the defense of our race and nation. One that excludes: non-Americans, criminals, and sensitivity training.
- We demand legal warfare on deliberate political mendacity and its dissemination in the press. To facilitate the creation of a national press we demand: (a) That all editors of and contributors to newspapers appearing in the English language must be members of the nation; (b) That no non-American newspapers may appear without the express permission of the State. They must not be written in the English language; (c) That non-Whites shall be prohibited by law from participating financially in or influencing American newspapers, and that the penalty for contravening such a law shall be the suppression of any such newspapers, and the immediate deportation of the non-Americans involved.
The publishing of papers which are not conducive to the national welfare must be forbidden. We demand the legal prosecution of all those tendencies in art and literature which corrupt our national life, and the suppression of cultural events which violate this demand.
- We demand absolute religious freedom for all denominations in the State, provided they do not threaten its existence nor offend the moral feelings of the White race. The Party combats the Jewish-materialistic spirit within and without us, and is convinced that our nation can achieve permanent health only from within on the basis of the principle: The common good before self-interest.
- To put the whole program into effect, we demand the creation of a strong central national government for the nation; the unconditional authority of the political central parliament over the entire nation and its organizations; and the formation of committees for the purpose of carrying out the general legislation passed by the nation and the various American States.