Kolli, Nikolai Dzhemsovich (Iakovlevich)
Born Aug. 5 (17), 1894, in Moscow; died there Dec. 3, 1966. Soviet architect.
In 1922, Kolli graduated from the Moscow Vkhutemas (State Higher Arts and Technical Studios). From 1935 to 1951 he was the chairman of the board of the Moscow Division of the Union of Soviet Architects. He taught at the N. E. Bauman Moscow Higher Technical School from 1920 to 1941 and at the Moscow Institute of Architecture from 1931 to 1941. Kolli collaborated in the design of a number of structures at the All-Russian Agricultural and Cottage-industry Exhibition in Moscow (1923), the main buildings of Dneproges, residential areas in the city of Zaporozh’e (1927–32), the Central Cooperative Alliance (Tsentrosoiuz) building on Kirov Street in Moscow (now the Central Administration of Statistics of the USSR, 1928–35, with Le Corbusier), and the Kirov and Paveletskaia-kol’tsevaia subway stations (1944–49). He was awarded three orders and various medals.