Also found in: Dictionary, Wikipedia.



in printing composition, a kind of spacing material in the form of metal or plastic plates ranging in thickness from 6 to 16 points (about 2.25–6 mm) and in length from 2 to 6 squares (36–108 mm). Reglets are used to separate heads and illustrations from the text and to separate columns.

raggle, reglet, raglin

1. A manufactured unit, often of terra-cotta, having a groove to receive flashing; also called a raggle block or flashing block.
2. A groove cut in stone or brickwork to receive flashing.


1. A fillet or small flat-faced projection, as used in a fret molding or to cover a joint between two boards.
2. A raggle.
References in periodicals archive ?
Editorial note: Bodoni is a typeface; a reglet is a flat piece of wood used to separate lines of type.
The Drake Group and its members services well over 10,000 of the leading contractors and builders across the country, working very closely with some of the leading building material vendors including 3M, CertainTeed, Clark/Western, Dietrich Metal Framing, EZ Taping, Franklin International, Fry Reglet, Johns Manville, USG, V&H Trucks, W.
It offers a cost-effective method of correcting failures in areas of the building envelope which are difficult or almost impossible to replace or reseal such as curtain-walls, stucco, skylights, roofing details, reglets, coping stones and flashing details.

Full browser ?