roach(redirected from Roach (disambiguation))
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Wikipedia.
name applied to some 4,600 species of flat-bodied, oval insects in the order Blattodea. Cockroaches have long antennae, long legs adapted to running, and a flat extension of the upper body wall that conceals the head. They range from 1-4 in. to 3 in.
..... Click the link for more information. .
An insect of the family Blattidae; the body is wide and flat, the anterior part of the thorax projects over the head, and antennae are long and filiform, with many segments. Also known as cockroach.
1. a European freshwater cyprinid food fish, Rutilus rutilus, having a deep compressed body and reddish ventral and tail fins
2. any of various similar fishes
1. short for cockroach
2. Slang the butt of a cannabis cigarette
1. the amount by which the leech of a fore-and-aft sail projects beyond an imaginary straight line between the clew and the head
2. the curve at the foot of a square sail