rot

(redirected from Rotem)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Wikipedia.

rot

1. the process of rotting or the state of being rotten
2. something decomposed, disintegrated, or degenerate
3. short for dry rot
4. Pathol any putrefactive decomposition of tissues
5. Vet science a contagious fungal disease of the feet of sheep characterized by inflammation, swelling, a foul-smelling discharge, and lameness

rot

[rät]
(materials)
(plant pathology)
Any plant disease characterized by breakdown and decay of plant tissue.

rot

Decomposition in wood by fungi and other microorganisms; reduces its strength, density, and hardness. Also see brown rot, white rot.
References in periodicals archive ?
Hyundai Rotem Company manufactures and sells railway vehicles, defense systems, and plants and machinery in South Korea.
Because of this, these authors have the expertise to describe the specific features of the ROTEM device that allow for implementation into a laboratory's IQCP program.
The case relates to the contract bagged by Hyundai Rotem for supply of 486 train coaches.
As per the deal, Hyundai Rotem will be responsible for engineering, procurement and construction (EPC), while Aqualia will take charge of operations, maintenance and repair.
The deal between SNCFT and Hyundai Rotem whose cost amounts to 88 million dates back to 2010.
Alby Pattison, managing director at Hart Biologicals Ltd, said: "We will test blood samples from patients undergoing elective hip and knee replacements and from patients undergoing hip fracture surgery at various time points pre and post-surgery on ROTEM to see if there are any signicant changes in the blood coagulation and platelet function that could correlate with a higher incidence, or risk, of VTE.
17 October 2013 a[euro]" Israel Corp Ltd (TLV:ILCO) said on Thursday it is mulling over the potential sale of mature assets including some of its 80% shareholding in power producer OPC Rotem Ltd, in which Francea[euro](tm)s Veolia Environnement SA (EPA:VIE) holds the other 20%.
Sector heavyweights such as Deutsche Bahn, SNCF, Thales, Thalys, Mitsubishi and Hyundai Rotem are said to be surveying the ground to participate in Turkey's promising railway transportation market which will see the first privately operated train set off as early as 2014.
Worcester, springs into action with four spring concerts beginning at noon, March 13, with some fresh faces in the form of the Daniel Rotem Quartet.
Now the villagers of Rotem where his aircraft crashed want to find out more about Paul and his fellow crew members.
Under the Altay tank project, launched by the Undersecretariat for the Defense Industry (SSM), Turkey's first national tank will be built by KoE* Holding's Otokar in cooperation with Hyundai Rotem and Germany's MTU.
Ramallah, July 4 (Petra) - Jewish settlers from Rotem outpost, built on Palestinian lands in the northern Jordan valley in the West Bank, on Wednesday laid foundations for new buildings to be constructed outside the settlement.