runway(redirected from Runways)
Also found in: Dictionary, Thesaurus, Financial.
place for landing and departure of aircraft, usually with facilities for housing and maintaining planes and for receiving and discharging passengers and cargo.
..... Click the link for more information. .
A straight path, often hard-surfaced, within a landing strip, normally used for landing and takeoff of aircraft.
The channel of a stream.
1. In the theater, a narrow projection of the stage, over the orchestra pit and sometimes into the aisles of an auditorium, permitting the actors to perform in close proximity to the audience.
2. A path taken by buggies of concrete on decking over an area of concrete placement.
A defined rectangular area, on a land aerodrome, prepared for the landing and takeoff run of aircraft along its length (ICAO).
1. a hard level roadway or other surface from which aircraft take off and on which they land
2. Forestry US and Canadian a chute for sliding logs down
3. a narrow ramp extending from the stage into the audience in a theatre, nightclub, etc., esp as used by models in a fashion show