Russkii Invalid

Russkii Invalid

 

(Russian Invalid), a military newspaper published in St. Petersburg from 1813 to 1917. It was founded by a civil servant, P. P. Pezarovius, for patriotic and philanthropic purposes; the income was intended to benefit disabled war veterans and soldiers’ widows and orphans. In 1816 it became the official publication of the Committee of Aug. 18, 1814 (later, the Alexander Committee for the Wounded); in 1862 it became the official newspaper of the War Ministry. The journal was published weekly in 1813, twice a week in the period 1814–15, and daily from 1816; in 1869 it was published three times a week.

References in periodicals archive ?
43) Likewise, the editors of Russkii invalid opined that "depictions of the sufferings of martyred Russian prisoners can only inspire race hatred.
The military newspaper Russkii invalid printed in full a reader's elaborate plan for a memorial "Temple of Russian Glory" that combined commemorative, educational, and practical features.
12) See Novoe vremia, 25 July 1914: 1, and 27 July 1914: 5; Russkii invalid, 22 July 1914: 2; and the two-part article by N.
21) Russkii invalid, 12 September 1914: 3, and 19 November 1914: 3.
Additionally, see "Bratskoe kladbishche pamiatnik," Russkii invalid, 22 October 1914: 3, and 24 October 1914: 3; Russkie vedomosti, 7 April 1916: 6; and a work written in 1916 but only recently published: A.